COVID-19 (Coronavirus) UPDATE
We suspect many of you, like us, have been following the events dominating the news concerning the global and local impact of coronavirus (COVID-19). First and foremost, know that Camp Kudzu continues to closely monitor the situation, specifically as it relates to upcoming programs. We are looking to information released by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Diabetes Association (ADA), and the American Camp Association (ACA) for guidance. While the situation is changing daily, know that we will put the best people, best resources, and the best information together to make decisions, ensuring that camp programming remains as safe as possible.
That said, to uphold Camp Kudzu’s value of safety to the highest possible degree, we will be postponing the following programs:
- GA Wildlife Program, April 4,2020- Statesboro, Georgia (New date- Fall 2020)
- Spring Family Camp, April 17-19th, 2020—Camp Twin Lakes, Rutledge (New date—August 28-30th, 2020)
- Food for Thought, May 2nd, 2020—Savannah, Georgia (New date—Fall 2020)
Please note, should you be registered for one of these gatherings, we want to present three different options for your family to consider. First, by transferring your enrollment fee for use as a 100% tax-deductible donation to our “Fund-a-Camper” scholarship program – would allow us to serve more families living with T1D – and engage more campers who may not otherwise have resources to participate in our programs. We rely heavily on donations to assist 40-50% of our camper-base to participate in our year-round programs. Thank you for your consideration to help us serve more. Should this not be an option you may:
- Apply your program fees towards the balance of a future 2020-2021 program.
- Ask for issuance of a refund which we can immediately process.
We are proud of our organizational commitment to maintain safety as our first priority and we care deeply about the health of our community, staff, and participants. These difficult decisions have been made with our community at the heart of them. We ask for your patience as we work through next steps and are grateful for your understanding as we navigate this unprecedented situation. Camp Kudzu will continue to communicate decisions as they are made, both by email and by updating this portion of our webpage.
For all questions related to your child’s diabetes and COVID-19, please contact your child’s endocrinologist for guidance.
For camp-related questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Camp Kudzu Team. All contact information is listed below.
- For registration questions, contact Mandy Conroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-495-4863
- For programming questions, contact Anna Rambo at email@example.com or 404-495-4862.
- For questions regarding medical precautions to be taken at programs, contact Anna Albritton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-495-4857.
- For Camp Kudzu organizational questions, contact Rob Shaw, Executive Director at Robert.Shaw@CampKudzu.org or Associate Executive Director, Kat Shreve at Kshreve@CampKudzu.org