COVID-19 (Coronavirus) UPDATE
We suspect many of you, like us, continue to follow the events dominating the news concerning the global and local impact of coronavirus (COVID-19). First and foremost, know that Camp Kudzu continues to closely monitor the situation, specifically as it relates to upcoming programs. We are looking to information released by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Diabetes Association (ADA), and the American Camp Association (ACA) for guidance. While the situation evolves daily, know that we will put the best people, best resources, and the best information together to make decisions, ensuring that camp programming remains as safe as possible.
That said, to uphold Camp Kudzu’s core value of safety to the highest possible degree, all in-person programs offered will include added safety precautions in place. These measures may include but are not limited to the following:
- Pre-camp check-in via telephone for insulin to carb ratios and other diabetes information
- Added health screenings for campers and volunteers upon arrival to camp, including but not limited to temperature checks
- Disclosure from families and staff/volunteers of any known exposure to COVID-19 in the two weeks leading up to camp and during camp
- Smaller group sizes and enforcement of social distancing
- Scheduled, staggered Check-In times that include small groups of participants who have been screened and are wearing masks to arrive into camp and alternating departure times to leave the event
- Requirements for staff, volunteers, and campers to wear masks
Considering the precautions that will be taken in light of COVID-19, camp programs will look very different. Our goal is to be as transparent as possible with ALL additional measures we may consider taking to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our campers, camp families, and staff.
Camp Kudzu will continue to communicate decisions as they are made, both by email and by updating this portion of our webpage. For all questions related to your child’s diabetes and COVID-19, please contact your child’s endocrinologist for guidance. For camp-related questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Camp Kudzu Team. All contact information is listed below.
- For registration questions, contact Mandy Conroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-495-4863 · For programming questions, contact Anna Rambo at email@example.com or 404-495-4862.
- For questions regarding medical precautions to be taken at programs, contact Anna Albritton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-495-4857.
- For Camp Kudzu organizational questions, contact Rob Shaw, Executive Director at email@example.com, or Associate Executive Director, Kat Shreve at firstname.lastname@example.org.