Year Diagnosed: 2014
Years as a camper: 6 years
• What’s your favorite part about camp?
My favorite part of camp are the water activities.
• If you could describe Camp Kudzu in one word, what would that word be?
If I could describe camp in one word is exhilarating!
• What’s one of your favorite memories of camp?
My favorite memory from camp is, well, there are so many. If I had to choose, I would choose the time I joined my counselor and she went flying from the blob.
• What’s the most helpful or interesting thing that you learned at camp?
The most helpful tip I learned from camp was to not focus on diabetes so much, and not let it define me.
• If you could only do one activity at camp, what would it be?
I would only do the blob as my one activity.
• What would you tell a potential camper about Camp Kudzu?
I would tell a potential camper to just have fun, it will be scary at first to go to a random place with random people but soon that random place will be your second home and those random people will be your second family.